Thursday, September 2, 2010

Migration 2010

My wife, Melissa,  mentioned a couple of days ago that she had noticed many butterflies hanging around. I didn't think anything of it. I thought she was just talking about some little yellow butterflies that always seem to be out in the field just behind the back yard.  Yesterday, afternoon I noticed three or four Monarch Butterflies out on a branch in the backyard . The Monarchs were very wary of me. As I got close, to get a picture they fluttered off to different parts of the yard. My plan was to go out later in the evening and try to catch them where I had seen them on an elm tree limb earlier. I got to witness firsthand and capture something spectacular.








I saw hundreds of them floating around the yard looking and finding different spots to roost for the evening. I hope they stay for a few more days.

No comments: