Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Expiration Date

I have chosen not to use the remaining film in the bulk film loader I bought a couple of years ago at an estate sale. After shooting and developing the film.  The films speed(ISO) is 400. I shot a couple of rolls of it at a lower speed 320 to get more density in the negative because of the films age. I found that the negatives just were not holding up.

 This image taken with the older film with a Kodak Signet 50/Portra No. 2 Lens. The exposure was 1/250 @ f5.6 and was not too hard to print. However, The exposures on the roll were just too thin to justify taking a chance on having a failure due to something that I had control over.  So this morning, I loaded a fresh 100ft. roll of Kodak 100Tmax into the bulk loader and will move forward.


gone.

Note: 100Tmax film has a purple tint it.


Some images are left to interpretation. What is included? What is left out? Simple or complex? This mural, painted on a barn in Polonia, was here long before I had seen it. Could I have given it a different meaning?




No comments: