Saturday, December 19, 2009

Family



It is so weird to know the people in this picture. Some of the people here I have known for years, others I have been told about by my mother. This summer was the first time I had ever seen it. This image was made in the early 60s. Aunts,uncles and cousins make up the picture. There are not too many pictures of my family from my mother's side. I never had the privilege of meeting my grandfather and grandmother. Before I had seen this picture, my mother only had two pictures that they were in. That's them on the left. Someday someone will ask me who these people are and I can tell them they are my family. From left to right, Back row: Grandpa and Grandma Martin,  Chuck, Junior, Mae, Blonde, Charlie. Front row: Bobby, Ivy, Yvonne, Elsie. This picture made in another time other than the one I know is their's. I am thankful to the person that took the time to round up my family and capture a moment.

No comments: