Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Black Water

A couple of weeks ago, I set out to Saxeville, Wi to take pictures of the Springwater Bridge. Today I am finally getting around to posting an image from that short trip.


Yesterday, I had the opportunity to spend some time in the darkroom doing some printing of images I made last week.  These prints were scanned on a flatbed scanner after the print has dried. I have a negative scanner and it does a pretty good job but there is something about looking at a contact(print) sheet from of a roll of film. It has an aesthetic that appeals to me. A look that scanning then viewing on a monitor sometimes leaves me uninspired. For example, last week I scanned an image that looked promising. After looking at it on the monitor I decided that there was no further need to pursue printing this image. So I put the negative back in its sleeve holder until yesterday when I made a contact print of the negatives. The same picture I had scanned took on a different look altogether.

Tomorrow River



Holding and viewing prints in your hands means something altogether different as well, at least for me.

No comments: